yield about 8
1 Tbs. Oil
1 Potato, peeled and diced
1 small Yellow Onion, diced
1 small Bell Pepper, any color, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 lb. Ground Turkey of Beef
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1 tsp. Dry Thyme
Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
½ cup Tomato Sauce
2 sheets Puff Pastry (or use pie dough)
· Preheat oven to 375 degrees
· Heat oil in a large sauté pan, add potatoes and cook 2 minutes. Add onion and peppers, cook until softened. Add garlic, cook until fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
· Add meat to pan and sauté until cooked through, return vegetables to pan.
· Add all spices and tomato sauce, taste and adjust seasoning. Cool to room temperature.
· Cut each pastry sheets into 8 rectangles. Place meat filling on top of 8 rectangles, brush edges lightly with egg wash, top with remaining sheets and seal around edges with the tins of a fork. Cut slits in top of each pie and brush with egg wash.
· Place pies on parchment lined sheet trays and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.