1/3 cup butter
¼ cup sugar
1 t salt
1 cup boiling water
1 egg, beaten
1 packet yeast
2 T lukewarm water
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 large bowl, 1 small bowl
Small sauce pan
8 in square metal baking pan
Kitchen shears or bench scraper
1. Combine butter sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. Pour the boiling water over and cool to lukewarm.
3. Soften yeast in lukewarm water. Add to first mixture with egg and half of the flour. Beat well, gradually adding remaining flour to make a smooth, elastic dough. Knead lightly.
4. Grease surface of the dough, cover and keep in refrigerator until needed.
5. Cut off portions, shape into small round balls, place close together in greased, shallow pan, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 ½ hours.
6. Brush with melted butter and bake at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes.
7. For immediate use shape dough as soon as mixed, let rise and bake as directed.